Nearly all North-Americans eat Genetically Modified (GM) food and have no idea. 80% of prepackaged food in the U.S. contain GMO ingredients. I really believe that everyone has the right to know the what and the how about GMO foods. Labeling GM food items is required in the European countries and many other countries around the world for a great reason: they’re hazardous.
Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are usually described “as organisms where the genetic materials may be changed in ways that doesn’t happen naturally”, states the World Health Organization (WHO). GM technology is likewise referred to as “modern biotechnology”, “genetic engineering” “gene technology”, or “recombinant DNA technology”. This procedure allows specific genetics (coming from viruses, bacteria, insects, animals as well as human beings) to get transferred from one organism to another and as well among non-related types.
In the beginning, genetically modified food items were launched into the marketplace mainly because GM technology produces cheaper foods that are also more resistant against illnesses or climate changes. Amidst the hazards of genetically modified foods, we ought to also be aware of the risks of (Bt) harmful toxins. Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) contaminant is soil bacterium which has a long history of getting used as a pesticide since it kills the pests that attack the plant life. The important thing to remember is, Bt toxin found in genetically modified foods is MUCH more concentrated as well as MUCH more toxic than other common pesticides.
Animal Research Demonstrating GMO Harm
Almost all scientific studies on GM health risks have already been carried out on animal subjects. Listed below is a bullet point review by Stephen Lendman, famous writer and Research Associate from the Center for Research on Globalization (CRG). You can believe that what’s harmful for animals could be unhealthy for human beings as well.
* Rodents provided with genetically modified red tomatoes for nearly 1 month developed stomach hemorrhage and several of these died.
* Rodents provided with 863 Bt corn for 3 months found changes in their blood pressure level, kidney diseases, anemia, and cancer.
* Genetically modified potatoes or those that contain Bt toxin eaten by mice resulted in harm to the digestive system and irregular cell development in the lower intestinal tract. In human beings individuals these modifications can be pre-cancerous.
* 25% of sheep perished “mysteriously” after consuming Bt cotton, reported by 4 Indian native villages.
* Pigs fed genetically manufactured corn demonstrated substantial indications of infertility, reported by farmers in Iowa. The female pigs had a drop in the rate of conceiving from 80% to 20%, along with fake pregnancy as well as other gynecological concerns. The male pigs also developed sterility.
* GM corn generally seems to impact the cattle too, with documented cases of dying from Bt 176, an item which is currently not in the market.
* Liver organ cell deterioration continues to be documented in mice provided with GM food which had Monsanto Roundup utilized on it. Fortunately, many of these changes were solved when these kinds of GM foods were removed on the diet.
* Other rodents fed with a GM selection of soybeans developed pancreatic and testicular cell problems.
* Chickens that consumed GM corn stood a significant chance death. The death rate more than doubled after using a GM diet for nearly 42 days.
* Allergic reactions have been recorded by Australian researchers in mice fed with genetically engineered peas.
Remarkable Recovery in Animals after GM food removed
Pigs totally free from GM foods experience and then fed GM free soy, improved their digestive signs and symptoms after only 2 days. No pigs died after removing GM food from their diet, as compared to the previous years, where 36 deaths had been noted, and also the fertility rate had increased.
The incidence of inability to conceive and miscarriages in cows also dropped considerably after moving over to GMO totally free diet. The behavior issues noted in the cows while on the GM feed was also improved greatly, says a feedlot operator which manages a large number of cattle.
Scientific testing on people Exhibiting GMO Harm
Contact with Bt cotton has become associated with allergic reactions, starting from mild to serious (requiring a hospital stay) in Indian personnel who dealt with fiber materials of readily available cotton seeds.
Almost a hundred people in the Philippines residing in the vicinity of the Bt corn plant acquired sickness, apparently from the plant pollen inhaled with this crop. Signs and symptoms included head, abdomen and chest pains, faintness, a fever, allergy symptoms, stomach ache and skin allergic reactions. In 39 of such cases, bloodstream tests revealed an antibody reaction to Bt toxin.
During 2009, Dr. Robin Bernhoft of The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) suggested to all doctors to recommend non-genetically modified foods for their patients and inform them of the potential health risks connected with GM technology. Presently, a large number of medical professionals are reporting a number of health issues which have been improved by reducing GM foods in their patient’s diet.
In a recent review, Jeffrey Smith, writer and professional director of Institute for Responsible Technologies evaluated several successful case studies:
A clear case of irritable bowel dealt with conventionally with prescription medication. The patient had significant improvement within the symptoms after 2 months of consuming a GM free diet plan. She no longer needs her medications. Her spouse also began to keep to the same diet and noted that he now really likes playing sports as well as feels 20+ years more youthful then his age.
A different case of irritable bowel, connected with cold hands and feet, and allergy symptoms revealed significant progress after only 2 1/2 weeks with GM free diet.
A patient noted an impressive recovery from persistent colitis after 3 days of GM free diet, shed 10 pounds in just under 4 weeks and seems more energetic.
Children are responding well with a GM free diet, affirms Jeffrey Smith. He relates the case about two kids who were relieved from severe headaches and bronchial asthma, as well as the second child experiencing relief coming from pain related to digestive problems.
Start taking control of your health. Choose non-GMO, ideally organic products and eat more homemade foods to make sure you know all the ingredients that you are consuming.
Genetically modified foods are incredibly plentiful in the American diet. For instance, over 80% of U.S. based processed food has genetically engineered components. Generally GM foods will include a number of grains, dried beans, veggies and fruits, especially corn, whole wheat, rice, soybeans, and natural cotton seeds. Know about concealed sources of GM products like additives and substances present in most processed food.
It is highly recommended that you pick up a copy of “Seeds of Deception” and “Genetic Roulette: The Reported Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Foods” written by Jeffrey M. Smith to get all the information.